Doberman is a design firm with a presence in Stockholm and New York. We’re currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join the Doberman family in our New York studio. As a member of the product team, you will collaborate with our clients to invent the future by creating digital experiences that break through the noise and improve people’s everyday lives. We are looking for someone who loves emotional UI design, from brand explorations and prototyping high-res UI solutions, to bringing them to life through motion and pixel perfect implementation. Solid craft is a given, and we also seek a strong ability to interpret and challenge existing design systems.
Our small studio values every voice in the room. Project teams are intentionally lean to empower all players and demand rigorous collaboration. As a senior designer, the expectation is that you drive your projects forward, helping to define a creative vision and establish a strong voice in the studio. While brand experience is integral to the role, we are a digital product shop. End-to-end product design and user-centric methodologies is critical to your success. Our project work centers around purposeful functionality rather than pure advertising, campaigns and marketing.
We need you to have:
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- A solid understanding of design systems and a passion for visual excellence
- At least 5+ years hands on experience working with UI in product design
- Ability to explore widely different tracks and narrow down based on user insights
- Strong empathy with people and the ability to create design that emotionally connects
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and best practices, including understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process
- An instinctive commitment to solving, communicating and discussing complex challenges
- Ability to communicate design rationale to clients. You can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- An eagerness to create and innovate with new technologies
- You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within your team and clients
- A drive to add more beauty to the world
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Code-based prototyping skills or front-end experience
- Experience with animation and time-based storytelling
- Public speaking skills and a willingness to share your thinking with the design community
Things we enjoy about working here are:
- Working on a variety of projects that actually ship and get into the hands of users
- The work / life balance mindset. Our team is talented, dedicated and hardworking. We believe in working on the right things rather than working long hours
- Monday breakfasts with the entire studio, prepared by rotating pairs from the team each week
- We dedicate two sessions per year (called “Exploration Days”) to build our dream workplace together. No client work allowed.
- Family leave benefits (Founding member of Pledge Parental Leave)
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Fully paid health insurance plan
- 401K with company match
- Wellness benefit
- Mobile phone monthly reimbursement
- And oh—all employees are offered partnership
Wanna get to know us better?