Doberman is a design firm with a presence in Stockholm and New York. We’re currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join the Doberman family in our New York studio. As a member of the product team, you will collaborate with our clients to invent the future by creating digital experiences that break through the noise and improve people’s everyday lives.
We are looking for someone who loves UX, from research of underlying user needs via fast-paced prototyping with new technologies, through information architecture and intuitive interface design, to bringing the design to final product. We need you to have solid systems thinking and a drive and infallible ability to make the (seemingly) complex dead simple.
If you’re more interested in the visual look and feel, or brand, check out our opening for a Senior Product Designer (Visual).
We need you to have:
- 5+ years experience working with UX in digital product design and launching digital services
- Knowledge of concept and digital product creation including mobile services
- A solid understanding of user research and prototyping methodologies
- Ability to explore widely different tracks and narrow down based on user insights
- An instinctive commitment to solving, communicating and discussing complex interaction systems and strategic challenges in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience working with data-driven design and growth frameworks
- An eagerness to create and innovate with new technologies
- Ability to communicate design rationale to clients. You can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within your team and with clients
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Code-based prototyping skills
- In depth knowledge in research methodologies
- Public speaking skills and a willingness to share your thinking with the design community
Things we enjoy about working here are:
- Working on a variety of projects that actually ship and get into the hands of users
- Work / life balance mindset. Our team is talented, dedicated and hardworking. We believe in working on the right things rather than working long hours
- Twice per year, we dedicate two days to building our dream workplace together. No client work is allowed. We call these “Exploration Days”
- Family leave benefits (Founding member of Pledge Parental Leave)
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Fully paid health plan
- 401K with company match
- Wellness benefit
- Mobile phone monthly reimbursement
- And oh—all employees are offered partnership
Wanna get to know us better?