Doberman is a design firm with a presence in Stockholm and New York. We’re currently seeking a Senior Digital Program Manager to join the Doberman family in our New York studio. As the overall steward of Doberman projects, Senior Program managers are responsible for scoping, planning and managing project expectations through delivery. The go-to expert for everything related to your projects; if you don’t know you’re the one who can find out. You partner with clients and teams to manage project schedules, communicate progress/risks, and recommend solutions.
Our small studio values every voice in the room. Project teams are intentionally lean to empower all players and demand rigorous collaboration. The expectation is that you drive your projects forward, with a keen eye towards proactive planning, risk management, and team dynamics.
We need you to:
- Be instrumental in fostering environments in which high-performing teams thrive; implement existing ways of working and continue to evolve them in regard to best practices for the studio.
- Own requirements gathering to inform project scope definition, consulting with discipline leads to validate approach and resourcing. Once established, it is the senior producer’s core responsibility to bring the vision to life through team facilitation.
- Understand project requirements to ensure clear project planning, expectation setting, and communication with clients for long and short-term planning
- Proactively communicate with Engagement & Design Leads to anticipate challenges, ensure client needs, expectations and education are appropriately managed and identify additional project opportunities
- Have depth and expertise in baseline project management tasks including project planning, SOW writing, budgeting, scheduling, resourcing, documentation, change management, and conducting Doberman ceremonies, while leveraging the inputs of others
- Monitor and affect positive team dynamics, including giving and receiving feedback
- Have effective, concise and confident communication skills with team and client that builds trust and advances the work
- Lead design and delivery of client-facing workshops in equal partnership with Engagement & Design Leads
- Implement efficient decision-making, especially as it relates to project success metrics
- Craft and execute memorable client meetings with support from studio experience manager
- Have a strong voice in the studio as it relates to discipline best practices
- Train and guide junior team members to ensure quality
It would be awesome if you also have:
- A detail and solutions-oriented approach that fosters positive and collaborative team environments
- Experience in agile project management
- Creative and confident presentation and workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Experience building and managing solid long-term client relationships
- More than 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of industry-standard software and project management tools and methodologies
- Passion for and curiosity about trends and developments in design & technology
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, continuously evolving studio
Things we enjoy about working here are:
- Working on a variety of projects that actually ship and get into the hands of users
- The work / life balance mindset. Our team is talented, dedicated and hardworking. We believe in working on the right things rather than working long hours
- Monday breakfasts with the entire studio, prepared by rotating pairs from the team each week
- We dedicate two sessions per year (called “Exploration Days”) to build our dream workplace together. No client work allowed.
- Family leave benefits (Founding member of Pledge Parental Leave)
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Fully paid health insurance plan
- 401K with company match
- Wellness benefit
- Mobile phone monthly reimbursement
- And oh—all employees are offered partnership
Wanna get to know us better?