As the Business Development lead for the NY studio, you are responsible for translating the broader studio vision to a new business strategy, and engaging colleagues and clients in activating that strategy. You are an expert in externalizing in a range of settings and contexts, and comfortable engaging senior stakeholders from across industries and expertise areas.
We are seeking someone who is indefatigably curious, believes (like us!) that design is a driver for change, and brings passion and authenticity to the way you engage with clients, catalysts and collaborators. You are as comfortable digging into a new project brief and reframing it with the help of your colleagues as you are evangelizing Doberman in the world.
In this role you will:
- Articulate and activate the new business strategy for Doberman NY
- Pro-actively nurture and grow a network of potential client prospects across a range of industries
- Maintain accountability across the new client journey, from engagement to opportunity assessment & framing to proposal development to kick-off
- Expertly engage designers, developers, strategists and program managers at key moments to move opportunities forward and scope engagements that fully leverage their passion and craft
- Speak and write fluently about our offering and specific capabilities and work with clients to align our offering with their needs and challenges.
- Empathize with clients at the most senior levels of organizations; you are an active listener, easily tuning your approach and the stories you tell to resonate with your audience
- Design and facilitate compelling client interactions at every stage of the new business process
- Create internal visibility and transparency in our pipeline and business development process
The right candidate will have:
- Relevant experience building relationships with the design, innovation or technology industries and a US network (or a demonstrated plan to create this network)
- Ability to translate client business objectives into proposals with clear deliverables that solve for those needs
- An in-depth understanding of design and development with the ability to articulate the value of these services for client organizations
- A desire to externalize Doberman’s offering to develop key partnerships and relationships
- A self-directed mindset, paired with a strong belief that collaboration with internal teams is paramount to your success
Things we enjoy about working here are:
- Working on a variety of projects that actually ship and get into the hands of users
- The work / life balance mindset: Our team is talented, dedicated and hardworking – we believe in working on the right things rather than working long hours
- Monday breakfasts & Tuesday and Thursday lunches with the studio.
- We dedicate two sessions per year (called “Exploration Days”) to build our dream workplace together. No client work allowed.
- Family leave benefits (Founding member of Pledge Parental Leave)
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Fully paid health insurance plan
- 401K with company match
- Wellness benefit
- Mobile phone monthly reimbursement
- And oh—all employees are offered partnership
Wanna get to know us better? We’re always developing the way we work. What could you bring to the table?
Immerse yourself in the Doberman culture.